Thank You To Everybody That Was Involved In Making Is A Event To Remeber
- 100KM TRAIL RUN IN THE UMGENI VALLEY STARTING AND ENDING AT CUMBERLAND PRIVATE GAME RESERVE
- INDIVIDUAL AND PAIRS FORMAT IN THE PAIRS FORMAT YOU MUST RUN WITH A PARTNER
- CUT OFF TIME IS 20 HOURS (COMPLETE THE RUN IN)
- EACH TEAM OR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS TO RAISE, THROUGH VARIOUS FUND RAISING INITIATIVES A MINIMUM OF R 6000 FOR PAIRS AND R 3000 FOR INDIVIDUAL TO SECURE AN ENTRY
- THE EVENT IS A SELF-SUPPORTED, SELF- NAVIGATIONAL EVENT RUN WITH A GPS UNIT THAT WILL GUIDE ATHLETES ALONG THE ROUTE, THE IDEA IS THAT ATHLETES GO THROUGH A DAY OF SUFFERING, WHILE CANCER PATIENTS GO THROUGH THIS JOURNEY DAILY
The Double has been in existence for 3 years now. Runners run The Valley Run (105km) the day before and then run The Comrades Marathon (90km) back with the masses for a grand total of 195km for the weekend. This has been used as a great tool to eek funds out of the more tight fisted donor in the past.